The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook
By: David M. Killoran | Paperback: 338 Pages | ISBN: 978-0-9912992-1-8 | Edition: 2019
The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook is the ideal companion to The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible. While the renowned LSAT Logic Games Bible provides the conceptual basis for the setups, rule diagramming, and general strategies, The LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook is specifically designed to help you better understand these concepts, and to allow you to practice the application of our methods and techniques.
This is not a how-to manual, but rather a traditional workbook designed to reinforce the techniques and approaches that will enable you to master the games section of the LSAT.
The workbook is intended for use after you read The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible. No game or drill in this book was used in the LSAT Logic Games Bible, and the material doesn't overlap with anything you will have already encountered.
The 338 page Workbook includes multiple drills and games to help you practice the skills you need to effectively master the Logic Games section. The book is divided into two sections:
The first section of this workbook contains drills which test isolated analytical abilities, designed to reinforce and improve the specific skills necessary to successfully attack the Logic Games section. The set of drills is followed by an answer key explaining each item.
The second section of this workbook contains eight individual LSAT Logic Games, reproduced in their entirety from officially released LSATs administered between December 2002 and December 2006. At the end of the section is a comprehensive explanation of each game, including a discussion of the ideal setup for the game, each rule diagram, important logical inferences discussed and diagrammed, and a complete explanation of every question. This is an excellent section for testing and reinforcing your game skills on days when your time is limited.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Practice Drills
- Chapter Two: Individual Logic Games
About three weeks before the LSAT, I bought this Logic Games workbook as a last attempt to improve my Logic Games score. I started from the beginning and completed the entire workbook, drills and all. I began to notice an improvement when I got to the practice problems and by the time I completed the entire timed sections I was able to complete almost every question with 100% accuracy. When I took the actual LSAT (October 2011), I finished the entire Logic Games section and only missed one question - it turned out to be my best section! My final LSAT score was a 169 - about 9 points higher than my average practice test score before I bought this workbook!
"I absolutely love this book!!! The drills presented in this book break every section down one by one so you can practice steps to diagramming your game! Worth every page of information!"
This is a nice companion to their Logic Games Bible. I needed more practice on this section of the test, yet I didn't want to waste practice tests by just doing the LG section. The problem sets are beneficial. The biggest reason why I like this book is that it reinforces the concepts from the LG Bible. More diagram and setup problems based off of the info from the book.
"Best tool I had for practicing the logic games. Breaks them down into their littlest pieces, then slowly builds them up until you're working on full games by the end of it and feeling very confident in your foundations and abilities."
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the difference between the LSAT Logic Games Bible and the LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook?
The purpose of the LSAT Logic Games Bible is to teach you how to attack and solve every type of game that appears on the LSAT. There are extensive explanations of the PowerScore methodology, how-to’s on diagramming and inference-making, helpful drills, and full explanations for every problem in the book. The book features official LSAT games to help explain our approach and to provide you with practice in applying our techniques.
The LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook contains practice drills plus Logic Games with comprehensive explanations, rule diagrams, ideal setups, and discussions and diagrams about important logical inferences. This is not a how-to guide, but a solution manual that shows you if you are correctly applying the techniques described in the LSAT Logic Games Bible. If you are thinking of buying only one book, buy the LSAT Logic Games Bible first. The workbook can be purchased later to supplement the information provided in the LSAT Logic Games Bible.
- If some of the games in the book are drawn from the 10 Actual LSAT PrepTests or 10 More Actual LSAT PrepTests, will that hurt my preparation?
- No! First, LSAC has released hundreds of LSAT games, and we use only a fraction of those in the LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook. Also, a number of the games in the book are NOT drawn from the 10 Actual LSAT PrepTests or 10 More Actual LSAT PrepTests. Regardless, even if you have seen one of the games in the book, the workbook will show you how to attack those games in the most efficient manner possible. You cannot be hurt by seeing the best way to attack a game, and many students realize after reading the LSAT Logic Games Bible and the LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook that methods they previously employed and thought were efficient were in fact doing more harm than good.
- Does The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook use real LSAT questions?
- Yes, we believe using official questions is crucial for high-level LSAT preparation. The workbook features eight Games repeated in their entirety from previously released LSATs.