The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook
By: David M. Killoran | Paperback: 365 Pages | ISBN: 978-0-9846583-5-0 | Edition: 2019
The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible WorkbookTM is the ideal companion to the renowned PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and is designed specifically to allow you to practice the application of our methods and techniques.
This book contains eight complete reading comprehension passages, reproduced in their entirety from actual past LSATs, ten individual passages, and multiple drills that focus on reinforcing the skills you need to effectively attack the Reading Comprehension section. The answer key provides an extensive breakdown and analysis of each passage, and each question and answer choice is explained.
While The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible provides the conceptual basis for understanding and applying general strategies, The LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook is specifically designed to test and reinforce these techniques and strategies. This is not a how-to manual, but rather a traditional workbook filled with drills designed to reinforce and improve upon the specific techniques and approaches that will enable you to master the reading comprehension section of the LSAT. No Reading Comprehension question or drill in this book was used in the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible.
To help you practice the application of your Reading Comprehension skills, this book is divided into three sections:
Section One: Practice Drills
The first section of this workbook contains drills which test isolated analytical abilities, designed to reinforce and improve the specific skills necessary to successfully attack the Reading Comprehension section. The set of drills is followed by an answer key explaining each item.
Section Two: Individual Passages
The second section of this workbook contains ten individual LSAT Reading Comprehension passages. At the end of the section is a comprehensive explanation of each passage, including an expansive breakdown of each passage, a ViewSTAMP analysis, and a complete explanation of every question and answer choice.
Section Three: Complete Reading Comprehension Sections
The final portion of this workbook features two complete LSAT Reading Comprehension sections, followed by full explanations of each passage and every corresponding question. This section gives you the opportunity to emulate actual testing conditions, allowing you to apply the full range of reading comprehension strategies while also focusing on your pacing under time pressure.
Note: If you are looking for a how-to manual, please refer to The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible, which provides the conceptual basis for the general strategies you will be practicing. In the discussions of passage approaches and techniques in this workbook, we will assume that you have read the PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and are familiar with its basic terminology.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Practice Drills
- Chapter Two: Individual Passages
- Chapter Three: PrepTest 69 Reading Comprehension Section and Explanations
- Chapter Four: PrepTest 70 Reading Comprehension Section and Explanations
"Don't waste time and money on anything else. This series of study guides is what you need and the price is well worth what you'll get out of it."
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the difference between the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook?
The purpose of the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible is to teach you how to attack and solve every type of passage that appears on the LSAT. There are extensive explanations of the PowerScore methodology, how-to’s on diagramming, helpful drills, and full explanations for every problem in the book. The book features official LSAT passages to help explain our approach and to provide you with practice in applying our techniques.
The LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook contains practice drills plus Reading Comprehension passages with comprehensive explanations. This is not a how-to guide, but a solution manual that shows you if you are correctly applying the techniques described in the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible. If you are thinking of buying only one book, buy the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible first. The workbook can be purchased later to supplement the information provided in the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible.
- If some of the passages in the book are drawn from the 10 Actual LSAT PrepTests or 10 More Actual LSAT PrepTests, will that hurt my preparation?
- No! First, LSAC has released hundreds of LSAT Reading Comprehension passages, and we use only a fraction of those in the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook. Also, a number of the passages in the book are NOT drawn from the 10 Actual LSAT PrepTests or 10 More Actual LSAT PrepTests. Regardless, even if you have seen one of the passages in the book, the workbook will show you how to attack those passages in the most efficient manner possible. You cannot be hurt by seeing the best way to attack a passage, and many students realize after reading the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook that methods they previously employed and thought were efficient were in fact doing more harm than good.
- Does The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook use real LSAT questions?
- Yes, we believe using official questions is crucial for high-level LSAT preparation. The workbook features ten passages repeated in their entirety from previously released LSATs.