The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
By: David M. Killoran | Paperback: 422 Pages | ISBN: 978-0-9721296-3-3 | Edition: 2021
The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible™ will teach you how to break down GMAT argumentation, how to recognize GMAT question types, and how to separate correct answers from incorrect answers. You will improve your accuracy in answering questions and your speed as well. If you are shooting for the highest score possible, the Critical Reasoning Bible will help you maximize your performance. The approaches discussed in the Critical Reasoning Bible are also useful when attacking Reading Comprehension questions.
The author has over 20 years experience teaching classes for graduate school admissions tests. An expert in test preparation, he has overseen the preparation of thousands of students and founded two national test preparation companies. Read the acclaim for Dave’s other books, The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible and The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible.
The Critical Reasoning Bible is also supplemented by an exclusive website that provides additional material for the book, including suggested study plans and answers to frequently asked student questions.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Introduction
- Chapter Two: The Basics of Critical Reasoning
- Chapter Three: The Question Stem and Answer Choices
- Chapter Four: Must Be True Questions
- Chapter Five: Main Point Questions
- Chapter Six: Weaken Questions
- Chapter Seven: Cause and Effect Reasoning
- Chapter Eight: Strengthen and Assumption Questions
- Chapter Nine: Resolve the Paradox Questions
- Chapter Ten: Method of Reasoning and Flaw in the Reasoning Questions
- Chapter Eleven: Parallel Reasoning Questions
- Chapter Twelve: Numbers and Percentages
- Chapter Thirteen: Evaluate the Argument Questions
- Chapter Fourteen: Test Readiness
- Complete Chapter Answer Key
- Glossary and Index
"Of all the study materials I have seen (Manhattan, GMAT, Veritas, Knewton, and Princeton Review) you have the best tactics for tackling CR problems. I have literally gone from taking almost 3 to 4 minutes on each CR problem when I started to now around 1.5 minutes each, sometimes faster than sentence correction problems. So, thank you!"
"The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible is one of the best textbooks I have ever read in my life and I am extremely grateful that you have created it. You have simplified and organised this content a way that would enable even a lay person to build an excellent foundation."
"This book is seriously amazing! Was plateauing on the Verbal section of the GMAT at the 89 percentile, and this book helped increase my Verbal score by 7 percentage points."